Sunday 25 August 2013

Street Preaching Part 6: Christ Alone

Yesterday I posted about a situation regarding Tony Miano. I made an assumption regarding Lyn's removal action, which followed on the heels of that situation. She said:

Susan, for what it's worth, I am in the process of 'unfollowing' everybody on my blog...why? Because it is Christ and Christ alone I follow. I did not mean to offend you in any way, for that I do seek your forgiveness.

So for that portion of the blog entry, I am the one that needs forgiveness. I still stand by the rest of what I state. Of course it is Christ and Christ alone that we follow, all men fall short, we all need God's grace.

I work in an environment of constant gossip and backbiting. It is the nature of man. It is a horrible environment to work in. We can continue to backbite and gossip regarding all the nitpicky things we find wrong in each other. When it  involves things like outright heresy, or sexual sins inside the church the person needs correction directly. Paul confronted Peter to his face about something that he was hypocritical about, and hypocrisy requires a confrontation, as the example given in scripture. That is unpleasant for many people. Most of us like everything to be calm and peaceful all the time. Of course I would like that too, however that is not the world we live in.

I was talking with my husband about this dialogue. He said "God uses all kinds of people to preach. Some are reached  one way, and some He reaches with another approach, and in every case where a sinner realizes their need for a savior it is God who gets the glory for using people who are less than perfect" . Yes! That is the bottom line, isn't it?

 1Co 3:7  So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
1Co 3:8  Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
1Co 3:9  For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.
1Co 3:10  According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
1Co 3:11  For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.


Not everyone is going to be a "masterbuilder" like Paul was, or like some of the greats like Spurgeon or even Steven Lawson. But even then, it is God working in them who gets all the credit, because it is the power of God. If then God uses men like Tony Miano, why must we then say that He cannot? And if we reluctantly admit "Well, I suppose He can, but...." No, no buts, God uses men made of sinful flesh to prick hearts of those He is reaching, and for us to question and to outright attack the means that He uses is the height of arrogance and hypocrisy.

1Co 12:14  For the body is not one member, but many.
1Co 12:15  If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:16  And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:17  If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
1Co 12:18  But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
1Co 12:19  And if they were all one member, where were the body?
1Co 12:20  But now are they many members, yet but one body.
1Co 12:21  And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
1Co 12:22  Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
1Co 12:23  And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
1Co 12:24  For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:

1Co 12:25  That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
1Co 12:26  And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.


Thankfully, I think I've exhausted the topic of Tony Miano, lol.

Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome, however spam will be removed.

Colossians 4:6 Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.

If a comment is mocking or otherwise unfruitful it will be removed. If a comment is completely irrelevant to the post it likewise will be removed. If the post contains an audio or video teaching and it is obvious that the commenter has not listened to the presentation the comment may (or might not) be posted and I probably won't reply.